What should I consider when selecting an attorney to help me with my disability claim?
Selecting a Representative
- When to hire (well before ALJ hearing)
- Benefits of local attorney vs. national firm
- Advantages of a specialist vs. a generalist
- Seek a referral from National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives (NOSSCR)
- Ask how the term “expenses” is defined.
For additional information, read our blog post: What to Ask before you hire a Social Security Disability Lawyer.